Thursday, January 23, 2014

Where The Sun Sets

Thursdays are always the longest for me.

I have to drive an hour away in the morning to go to a class, then drive back for a three-hour night class. It might not seem like a lot, but it gets tiring when you also have three other courses to worry about.

I actually just worry about everything.

Literally.

I wrote a couple days ago about how my worries seem completely unreasonable in comparison to God's perfect plan. He knows what He's doing! The problem is that it's so easy to say those words, and it's not so easy to understand the depth and meaning in them.

Today I was able to see a glimpse of that meaning.

I was on my way to my to class tonight and, after being away for the better part of the day, I was completely drained.  All I could think about was how I was exhausted I was. I was worrying about the many assignments that are piling up and all the readings that I'm not able to finish (yes... I'm that one annoying person who actually does all of their readings), and I was pretty much ready to turn around and go straight home. I just wanted to sleep and forget about the stress.

I came to a stop sign and put my head down for a minute, and when I looked up, I noticed the sky. It was completely filled with colour. Bright pinks, vibrant oranges, and a slight hint of purple.

A love letter from God.

You can do it. I believe in you. I love you. 

It wasn't the most magnificent sunset in the world, and it wasn't the most extravagant display of love.

But it was enough.

It was enough for me to know that I could make it through the rest of the day. And maybe even through the rest of the week, and the semester.

Sometimes the smallest whisper of encouragement is all it takes breathe life and hope into a weary soul. God definitely knew that's what I needed. He always knows what we need.

My dad always used to tell me that every time the sun rises and the sun sets God is reminding us how much He loves us. I completely believe that.

God loves to make us feel loved. 

It's what He does best.

Kayla 






You are praised from where the sun rises to where it sets. - Psalm 65:8b

But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. Psalm 86:15




No comments:

Post a Comment